Sunday, January 10, 2010

Hey! It's arrived...

a looooooooooooooong waited Christmas parcel from Germany for swap-bot "25 Days of Christmas" had finally arrived.

This parcel assumed to be arrived before or on December. Swap created in July and partner being assigned in September and parcel to be sent latest by 10th November 2009. My partner sent her parcel on 23rd October and I was happily waiting for it to arrive early so that I could open every little pressie each day from 1st day of December.

Toward end of the year, the parcel never knocked my door. As this is an expensive swap for international, my partner refused to resend me another parcel but offered to send her zine as replacement. I even contacted our coordinator for her advise about the rating because I'm not interested in zine. We had a long negotiation for the resend and eventually problem resolved.

3 days after the deal, I received a notification from local post office and I went to collect it the next day. Oh boy, it was the parcel from my partner sent on October! I can't imagine it takes around 3 months for dispatching a parcel via "AIR" all the way from Germany to Malaysia!

2 comments:

Ciyou said...

kl post man are more efficient i must say, i usually get my parcel overseas quite quickly~~

shinz @ cosycabin said...

Yes, indeed. there was a case last year in Kuching, postman threw all the letters instead of dispatch to addressee. and, another problem for parcel from overseas to other states outside KL, the parcel needs to be censored twice - KL customs and state customs...chances to get lost of the parcel without tracking number is tremendously higher